I offer individual, couple and family psychotherapy to people of all ages, genders, sexualities, cultural backgrounds and other markers of difference. I have a flexible approach to therapy, as aligned with the systemic and relational approaches I was trained in. Frequency of the therapy session ranges from weekly to bi-weekly or in some cases less frequent sessions and consultations, depending on the presenting difficulties.
My aim is to offer you (and your family members) a safe and confidential space, where you can explore the meaning of past and present experiences, re-connect with hope and your strengths and bring about change so you can live more fully and develop more fulfilling relationships.
Some of the issues I have experience working therapeutically:
- Relationship, family and couple difficulties.
- Life cycle transitions, including births, loss and death, separation.
- Eating Disorders, including anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
- Seeking meaning in life after recovering from an eating disorder.
- Gender identity development, including trans identities and gender dysphoria
- Desisting and detransitioning – people who discontinue with their gender identity and / or transition, or who understand their gender-related distress in different ways.
- Attachment difficulties and relational ruptures or trauma.
- Neurodevelopmental difficulties such as ASD.
- Intense and difficult feelings, such as sadness, anger, depression, anxiety.
- Sexuality / sexual identity and difficulties with family or social circles.
- Identity difficulties throughout the life-cycle.
- Experiences of discrimination and bullying.
- Couples where one or more partners have received an HIV diagnosis.
My therapeutic approach is based on systemic and family therapy theories, whilst psychodynamic ideas are integrated when relevant. I am also trained in Attachment-Based Family Therapy, which is the an empirically supported family therapy intervention for treating adolescent depression and self-harm.
Sessions are offered both in London and in Athens and I practise in English, Greek and German.
I am registered with the following insurance companies: Vitality Health, Cigna, WPA, WPA Protocol, Aviva and Bupa International (not Bupa UK).
I have a strong commitment to ethics and diversity, which form the basis of my therapeutic approach and I am cautious about mental health diagnoses; I adhere at all times to the AFT and UKCP code of ethics. I pay particular attention to each person’s and family’s difference and how these connect with some of the challenges they face.