I am a Senior Systemic and Family Psychotherapist, Psychologist and a qualified / registered Systemic Supervisor. I offer psychotherapy to individuals, couples and families. I have extensive experience working with diverse family structures. I am based in London and in Athens.
I have lived in Greece, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom and I am fluent in English, Greek and German. I am experienced working with families from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds and take time to connect with the culture and social context relevant to the clients and their presenting difficulties.
I completed my clinical training in Systemic and Family Psychotherapy (MSc and PGCert) at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at the Maudsley, Kings College London under a Kings College London Scholarship. In addition to my specialist training I have degrees in Psychology (MSc), Communication Theories (BA) and Organisational Management (MSc) and I’m interested in the relevance of each discipline to the other. I hold a further postgraduate qualification (PGCert) in Systemic Family Therapy Supervision, Consultation and Training.
Moreover, I’m currently studying towards a Doctorate through the University of Essex / Tavistock Centre, researching the co-occurrence of gender dysphoria and eating disorders in adolescence, studying under a Leventis Foundation scholarship.
I currently work as a Senior Systemic & Family Psychotherapist at the Maudsley Centre for Child & Adolescent Eating Disorders (MCCAED). I have a strong clinical background working with young people and adults who present with eating disorders, often anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or ARFID, as I have also worked clinically with eating disorders in Royal Free Hospital Eating Disorders Service and in Homerton Hospital. I am experienced in facilitating individual, family and multi-family therapy sessions and offering psycho-education to all those involved, including other professionals.
Alongside my other National Health Service posts, I worked for four years in the Tavistock Centre in London, as a Highly Specialist Systemic and Family Psychotherapist for the Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS). GIDS is a national specialist child and adolescent health service supporting young people and families who present with challenges in relation to the development of their bodies and identity, including sexuality and gender identity. There I established and led the first NHS Family Therapy & Consultation Service in London for gender non-conforming, gender diverse and gender questioning young people and families. I have significant experience working with individuals, couples, or families who identify in LGBTQI+ identities from different cultural backgrounds. Alongside GIDS, I was an Honorary Systemic & Family Psychotherapist in the University College London Hospital (UCLH) in the paediatric endocrine liaison clinic.
Apart from my clinical work, I also work as a Visiting Lecturer and Placement Supervisor of the systemic therapy training at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neuroscience at the Maudsley, Kings College London. I am active in teaching, training and research, focusing on different areas on mental health, such as eating disorders, gender identity, sexuality, attachment, affective disorders, and on specific therapeutic interventions, such as systemic and family psychotherapy.
- Doctorate in Advanced Practice and Research: Systemic Psychotherapy – eating disorders and gender dysphoria in adolescence, Tavistock Centre / University of Essex, ongoing.
- PGCert in Systemic Family Therapy Supervision, Consultation and Training, Tavistock Centre.
- MSc and PGCert (with Distinction) in Systemic and Family Therapy, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neuroscience at the Maudsley.
- MSc Psychology (conversion degree), Westminster University.
- MSc Management, Imperial College, London.
- BA Communication, University of Athens.
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Association for Family Therapy & Systemic Practice (AFT)
- College of Family, Couples and Systemic Practice
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Royal Free Hospital, London
- Homerton Hospital, London
- University College London Hospital (UCLH)
- Various Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services in the community in London
- Sexual Health Clinics
Senior Systemic & Family Psychotherapist (MSc)
Systemic Supervisor & Trainer