I am a Senior Systemic and Family Psychotherapist, Psychologist and qualified / registered Systemic Supervisor and I offer psychotherapy to individuals, couples and families of diverse compositions. I am based in London and Athens.
Having lived in Greece, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom and being fluent in English, Greek and German, I am experienced in working with families from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds and take time to connect with the culture and social context relevant to the clients and their presenting difficulties.
I completed my clinical training in Systemic and Family Psychotherapy at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at the Maudsley, Kings College London under a Kings College London Scholarship. In addition to my specialist training I have degrees in Psychology, Communication Theories and Organisational Management and I’m interested in the relevance of each discipline to the other. Moreover, I’m currently a Doctoral Candidate through the University of Essex / Tavistock Centre, developing original research on the co-occurrence of gender dysphoria and eating disorders among female-bodied adolescents.
I currently work at two mental health institutions, the Tavistock Centre and the Maudsley Hospital, in London. At the Tavistock Centre, I work as a Highly Specialist Systemic and Family Psychotherapist for a national child and adolescent health service supporting young people and families who present with challenges in relation to the development of their bodies and identity, including sexuality and gender (GIDS). There I established and currently lead the first NHS funded Family Therapy & Consultation Service in London for gender non-conforming, gender diverse and gender questioning young people and families. I have significant experience working with individuals, couples, or families who identify in LGBTQI+ identities from different cultural backgrounds. Alongside GIDS, I am an Honorary Systemic & Family Psychotherapist in the University College London Hospital (UCLH) in the paediatric endocrine liaison clinic.
I also work as a Senior Systemic & Family Psychotherapist at the Maudsley Centre for Child & Adolescent Eating Disorders (MCCAED). Having had a strong clinical background in working with young people who present with eating disorders, often anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa, I am experienced in facilitating individual, family and multi-family therapy sessions and offering psycho-education to all those involved, including other professionals.
Alongside my clinical work, I also work as a Visiting Lecturer and Placement Supervisor of the systemic therapy training at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neuroscience at the Maudsley, Kings College London.
- Doctorate in Advanced Practice and Research: Systemic Psychotherapy – eating disorders and gender dysphoria in adolescence, Tavistock Centre / University of Essex. ongoing
- MSc and Postgraduate Certificate (with Distinction) in Systemic and Family Therapy, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neuroscience at the Maudsley.
- MSc Psychology, Westminster University.
- Postgraduate Certificate Systemic Family Therapy Supervision, Consultation and Training, Tavistock Centre.
- MSc Management, Imperial College, London.
- BA Communication, University of Athens.
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Association for Family Therapy & Systemic Practice (AFT)
- College of Family, Couples and Systemic Practice
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Royal Free Hospital, London
- Homerton Hospital, London
- University College London Hospital (UCLH)
- Various Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services in the community in London
- Sexual Health Clinics
Senior Systemic & Family Psychotherapist and Supervisor